Location: Boston, MA
- Construction of new City of Boston Police Building.
- Construction on property formerly containing a metal plating facility with known soil contamination of chlorinated Volatile Organic Compounds and heavy metals.
- Limited work space available for soil stockpiling during construction.
- Over 6,000 cubic yards of soil were excavated and stockpiled. Soil disposal was based on stockpile characterization sampling and laboratory analysis.
Services Provided by OHI
- Preparation of Excavated Materials Management Plan (EMMP), Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP), and Dewatering Plan.
- On-site soil screening for segregation of soils into stockpiles.
- Collection of stockpile samples and laboratory characterization. Preparation of MassDEP material shipping records and Bills of Lading for transportation and disposal of excess excavated soil.
- Licensed Site Professional (LSP) services to maintain compliance with the Massachusetts Contingency Plan.