- Refinancing of four multi-unit affordable housing portfolios through US Housing and Urban Development.
- Portfolios located in greater Boston area consisted of 72 individual properties containing several hundred apartments.
- Work was conducted on an expedited basis to meet refinancing schedule requirements.
- Additional assessment and mitigation measures were undertaken at several properties to address issues identified during the work.
Services provided by OHI
- Prepare Environmental Site Assessment for four property portfolios consisting of 72 properties containing several hundred apartments. The ESA was prepared in accordance with American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) E-1527-13 protocols, and to meet requirements of the US HUD.
- Assessments included asbestos evaluations in typical apartments and common spaces concentrating on heating systems. Abatement plans were developed and remediation work was coordinated for those locations where asbestos was identified that required abatement.
- Assessments included radon evaluations of tpical apartment and common spaces concentration on lowest level apartment and basements.
- Design and installation of radon mitigation systems was overseen where radon concentrations exceeded EPA recommended criteria.
- Subsurface investigations were completed where appropriate given historical use of the area.