Location: Mansfield, MA
- Assessment and Remediation of release of 100-gallons of diesel fuel from ruptured saddle tank due to accident
- Release occurred to surface water body and required placement of absorbent booms, and remediation of stream bed.
- Stream bed remediation was conducted after consultation and permitting with local Conservation Commission.
- Disturbed area was revegetated in accordance with Massachusetts Department of Transportation requirements.
- Affected area extended onto private property which was in process of being sold. Coordinated with owner and buyer to ensure environmental issues were resolved and did not affect financing.
Services provided by OHI
- Licensed Site Professional (LSP) services to maintain compliance with the Massachusetts Contingency Plan.
- Design, implementation, and observation of remedial program including soil excavation, placement of absorbent booms, remediation of stream bed and revegetation of distrubed areas. Obtained Conservation Commission approval for work in regulated wetland.
- Prepared and submitted regulatory reports to MassDEP including Class A-1 Response Action Outcome (RAO) indicating that the release had been remediated to background conditions.