Location: Boston, MA
- The project involved demolition, assessment and remediation at 130,000-barrel (5,000,000-gallon) above-ground storage tank.
- A release of #6 oil exceeding 200,000 gallons occurred in the 1990s.
- OHI provided Licensed Site Professional services involving soil borings, groundwater evaluation, and remediation design and implementation.
- After tank demolition, petroleum-impacted soil was excavated and disposed off-Site and an engineered barrier was constructed.
- OHI prepared and implemented a Public Involvement Plan as requested by area residents.
- OHI coordinated with USEPA for RCRA Corrective Action reqruiements resulting in achievement of “Construction Complete” designation.
Services provided by OHI
- Licensed Site Professional Services.
- Filing a Notice of Intent with the City of Boston.
- Site Assessment consisting of over 50 soil borings and 15 monitoring wells with soil and groundwater sampling and analysis.
- Preparation and submittal of design plans and support calculations for the remediation design. Oversight of the demolition, disposal, and construction process.
- Preparation of documents for submittal to the MassDEP.
- Prepare and implement a Public Involvement Plan.
- Resolved RCRA Corrective Action process.