- Standard property transaction due diligence Phase I & II Environmental Site Assessment.
- Completed background research, records review, and site inspection, then proposed a site-specific subsurface investigation focused on potential environmental concerns.
- This property had been a car dealership from 1928 through the 1960s, then a truck repair facility until 1993, and then a machine shop through to the present.
- Environmental records indicated three historic petroleum USTs were installed in 1963. Fire department records indicated two USTs were removed in 1986.
- Four heating oil ASTs were active and present in the current building.
- Petroleum-impacted soil was discovered behind the building.
Services provided by OHI
- Preparation of ASTM Phase I-II Environmental Site Assessment Report for bank financing.
- Coordination of subcontracted drilling personnel for monitoring well installation.
- Preparation of Bill-of-Lading for petroleum-impacted soil transport to recycling facility.
- On-Site LSP supervision and confirmatory soil sample collection for Immediate Response Action petroleum-impacted soil excavation.
- Preparation and filing of IRA Completion and Permanent Solution site closure documentation with MassDEP.