- The EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) was setup to help minimize pollution from “earth-disturbing activities.”
- In order to remain in compliance with the Clean Water Act, NPDES permits require operators to author a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP).
- SWPPPs are ever-changing documents that identify potential sources of stormwater pollution and describe control measures and best management practices to reduce or eliminate pollutants.
- SWPPPs are developed and maintained throughout the duration of the project.
Services provided by OHI
- Preparation and maintenance of the SWPPP.
- Filing of electronic Notice of Intent at commencement of project.
- Inspections and Monitoring
- Filing of electronic Notice of Termination.